To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values – integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion – must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Yale/Yale New Haven Hospital Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) is a leading national outcomes research center dedicated to transforming healthcare for the betterment of people and society by leveraging data, analytics, and technology. We have assembled a talented, multidisciplinary group who are committed to developing solutions to the practical needs of medicine and healthcare. Our organization combines the highest academic ideals with a pragmatic approach that emphasizes the production of useful knowledge. We are distinguished by our creativity, dedication, experience, and skills, and our commitment to having our work make a tangible difference to patients, the public, and society. For additional information on CORE, please visit our website: www.medicine.yale.edu/core. The Research Associate I (one) will report to the Manager, Quality Measurement Programs (QMP), and will coordinate and participate in the design of healthcare grants and contracts at CORE. The Research Associate I will provide research support to technical teams working under federal grants and contracts. The primary role of the Research Associate I is to collaborate with multidisciplinary technical teams with information gathering, conducting literature reviews and environmental scans, and contributing to presentations and written reports, including proofing and formatting documents. Collaborating and contributing to all facets of the project tasks is an integral part of this position. The list of job responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties that management may deem necessary from time to time. The duties of this position can be carried out remotely if this meets the business need of CORE and adheres to the Alternative Work Schedule policy of YNHH. Flexible work schedules and telecommuting are available if needed and or desired.
1. Collaborates with the principal investigator/project lead and other senior staff in developing inclusion/exclusion criteria, designing study procedures, developing technical reports, and other documentation as needed.
2. Contributes to environmental scans, literature reviews and/or ad hoc research or information gathering.
3. Creates data tables, develops graphics and other similar materials to support research project tasks.
4. Prepares briefings, project reports, presentations, final technical reports and other project deliverables utilizing a variety of computer software packages including MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Endnote and MS Visio.
5. Ensures high quality products for presenting and dissemination to stakeholders and/or for public posting.
6. Prepares for meetings with multidisciplinary project teams to provide updates on project status and summarizes highly technical discussions through meeting minutes.
7. Organizes and manages project documentation, including analytic results, key decisions, and project trackers.
8. Participates in the preparation of grant and contract proposals, data use requests, and project reports/deliverables.
9. Interacts and serves as a liaison with internal and external collaborators including faculty, investigators, statisticians, clinicians, and other research staff as well as other stakeholders including government agencies and national professional organizations.