To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values – integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion – must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
1. Conducts systematic, complex library literature searches and environmental scans, reviews abstracts/full text articles for inclusion in study, assists with abstraction of articles and prepares summary report.
2. Assists with preparation of deliverables and final reports including drafting, reviewing, editing and formatting to ensure high quality products for public reporting and dissemination using a variety of software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MSVisio, etc. Assists Project Managers in completing deliverables on time.
3. Compiles and formats summary figures/tables from SAS or other statistical programs and crosswalks data from multiple sources with a high degree of accuracy. Creates summary reports, generates graphics, and prepares presentations and reports.
4. Assists with conducting or coordinating meetings, prepares agendas, summarizes highly technical meetings, and tracks action items.
5. Works collaboratively with a highly technical team comprised of principal investigators, physicians, statisticians, project managers, and other stakeholders to distill information and support the accurate and clear oral and written deliverables and communication with external organizations.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in healthcare, public health, human services or related field. Masters in public health or related field preferred.
A minimum of one to five years experience in a research capacity or related experience indicating ability to communicate with people, work in a team environment, work with minimal supervision, to work with a variety of computer software programs, and to be receptive to variety of duties to support projects.
Knowledge of research methodology and protocols. Intermediate skills using software applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Access. Strong oral and written communication skills. Proficient in extracting and compiling a range of data from written sources, from individuals by asking questions or from one or several given databases, limited interpretation of data. Summarizes, revises or makes limited use of complex, technical or specialized literature. Must demonstrate excellent organizational ability, attention to detail and knowledge of research process. Use of one or several standard reference works (such as endnotes). Incumbent plans and schedules own work and occasionally provides work guidance or orientation for non-routine procedures and policies. Experience working in a team environment. Familiarity with medical terminology.
This position is co-terminus with funding.