To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values – integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion – must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Research Project Coordinator – RAC will function in a multidisciplinary team environment, coordinating the design, implementation and evaluation of public health outcomes research projects conducted by investigators at the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE). Working under the Director and Program Manager, and in collaboration with the Program Coordinator, they will participate in all aspects of project coordination, research design, implementation, analysis and reporting of results related to a variety of foundation sponsored clinical registry projects supported by the CORE Registry Analytic Center (RAC), including those for the American College of Cardiology Foundations National Cardiovascular Data Registry (ACCF NCDR) and the American Academy of Neurology Institutes Axon Registry (AANI), among others. Conducts research by developing protocols for the collection of data and designing data collection instruments. Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure the efficient and accurate collection and processing data. Composes status reports and analysis related to the study. Participates in writing grant proposals and HIC applications. Manages project timelines.
1. Coordinate regular meetings with Principal Investigators and study collaborators that include agenda preparation and meeting minute documentation, manage timelines and research activities for research projects, develop study procedures and protocols, and prepare and submit written and oral reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
2. Oversees, coordinates and assesses the day-to-day operation of the research projects.
3. Communicate information and data in written and verbal form to colleagues, sponsors, senior management, government officials, and the public, including the development of public materials and reports for various constituencies. The individual will work with several multidisciplinary teams to ensure project goals and deliverables are met with high customer satisfaction.
4. Designs and develops logs, files, records, questionnaires and other related materials to obtain data and maintain records.
5. Determines procedures for data collection which are consistent with outside organizations and the research projects.
6. Prepares Human Investigation Committee applications and reapprovals.
7. Ensures the appropriateness of research protocols and monitors quality of data collection.
8. Ensures the adherence to regulations established by the federal government, pharmaceutical companies, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University and outside agencies.
9. Prepares documents for various agencies and internal committees for approval of new studies or reapproval of existing studies.
10. Prepares study reports utilizing a variety of computer software packages including MS Work, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Visio.
11. Monitors the study budget and resources utilized and reports regularly to supervisor.
12. Reviews with principal investigator study results to ensure the validity of the research projects.
13. Interacts with internal contacts such as research staff; principal investigators; clinical staff; administrators; various Yale-New Haven Hospital and Yale University departments; and Directors to discuss and collaborate on research issues; and to design, develop, and coordinate research plans, techniques and methodology for research study.
14. Interacts with external contacts such as staff at participating hospitals; principal investigators at other institutions; extended care facilities; funding agencies; various government agencies and vendors to solicit information and consult on methodologies for the research study.
Bachelors degree in public health, nursing, healthcare or related field. Masters degree in public health or a research related field and three years of related work experience is preferred.
A minimum three (3) years experience in a research capacity or related experience indicating ability to communicate with people, to work with minimal supervision, to conduct and coordinate research studies, to work with a variety of computer software programs, and to be receptive to variety of duties to support projects. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision and be receptive to direction. Familiarity with medical terminology. Prior experience with clinical outcomes and/or health services research preferred.
Well-developed project coordination skills as demonstrated by prior job-related research experience. Project coordination skills include: ability to track deliverables, seek out opportunities to improve efficiency, develop and implement timelines, apply critical thinking to strategically advance the project, follow up in a timely manner and drive completion of deliverables via facilitation of teamwork. Independently carry out literature reviews, edit or draft project related documents. Develop or submit abstracts, posters, and manuscripts for professional meetings and publication. Prepare reports to summarize results of data analysis, interpret findings and provide conclusions and recommendations. The ability to produce high quality work product with minimal supervision and be receptive to feedback and direction in a faced-paced team environment. Possess thorough knowledge of research methodologies and protocols. Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Endnote, and Outlook. Must demonstrate excellent organizational ability, attention to detail, efficiency, and critical thinking. The ability to effectively communicate information and data in written and verbal form to colleagues, sponsors, senior management, government officials and the public; possess well-developed writing skills, including the ability to write public materials and reports for various constituencies.
Position is co-terminus with funding
Research Project Coordinator can work remotely or on site.