Year Up is looking for a National Director of Corporate Engagement to take Year Up to its next level of impact by deepening corporate partnerships and leveraging new opportunities to promote more inclusive hiring practices in corporate America. in service of our mission to close the Opportunity Divide. Continuing to scale our impact with partners not only increases our ability to serve our mission and close the Opportunity Divide, but it also drives earned income, which is critical to the economic sustainability of Year Up. To be successful in this role, you will be a strategic, inspiring sales leader who can unify teams and lead through significant change while delivering against goals and promoting client loyalty in a highly demanding, fast-paced environment. You must demonstrate a background of visionary, inspirational sales leadership, and an ability to attract, train, and develop a highly motivated and productive sales organization. You are strongly customer-focused, pr oactively anticipating needs, and showing a record of achievement in meeting or exceeding goals. You are a creative problem solver and consummate collaborator, with the ability to lead through challenging situations, while constructively offering improvements for the future. You are a high-energy leader who demonstrates a spirit that moves others to action –upbeat, positive, and results-oriented. Finally, the ideal candidate will have a passion for working with underserved young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to Year Up’smission. The National Director of Corporate Engagement will also have the opportunity to interact with Year Up students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
The National Director of Corporate Engagementsets strategy and provides leadership oversight for a broad range of sales and account management activities with employers.
Develop/Evolve Year Up’s Corporate Engagement Strategy
* Provide change leadership for next phase of “OneYear Up” employer engagement and lead transformative selling efforts to shift to a wide range of offerings (e.g. internship/job placement and employer “practice change” services)
* Collaborate with senior leadership across the organization to ensure corporate engagement strategy supports a variety of work-based experiences, alumni placement, and “practice change” efforts
* Build and set the organizational bar for establishing a customer advocate mindset
Lead and Execute Front Line Sales and Service Delivery
* Maintain or increase a $75M-$90M revenue stream from corporate partners
* Manage a matrixed, nationwide team of ~100 employees; optimize team structure through key changes
* Execute and expand enterprise accounts in support of a growing “Employers of Influence” strategy while supporting local accounts with/through site leadership teams
* Collaborate across functions to manage supply/demand dynamics and ensure consistent service delivery
* Leverage cross-site and cross-functional opportunities to create new targets and opportunities
* Develop employer champions who can leverage their networks to support Year Up
* Maintain, and champion performance management systems, sales pipeline planning processes, technological infrastructure, and capacity to support all short-and long-term goals
* Partner closely with Direct Service and Provider Support teams to develop “supply and demand” profiles to drive our young adult recruitment efforts and our Corporate Partner sales targets
Executive Leadership Team Member
* Support CEO and peer executive team in managing the organization to ensure programmatic success, accomplishment of overall objectives, and fiscal sustainability
* Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peer executive team
* Contribute business acumen to strategic planning and collaborative problem solving
* Ensure that the Year Up culture and work environment are inclusive and that Year Up strives to become an anti-racist organization
* Proactively engage with students at the site level (e.g. mentor students, be a guest speaker)
* Serve as a role model who inspires teams with commitment to core values, leadership behaviors, and operating principles of high expectations and high support
* 10 years of experience in sales with proven success as a results-oriented sales executive
* Excellent track record of personal sales success and increasing levels of responsibility and executive leadership
* Demonstrated record of collaborating with customers and proactively anticipating needs to create strategic win/win relationships with both existing and new clients
* Evidence of ability to build, cultivate, and leverage personal and professional networks, managing executive relationships and negotiating multimillion-dollar deals
* Able to focus on the basics (e.g. manager large P/L) while also stepping back to strategically analyze the marketplace for opportunity
* Alignment with the company’s culture and values; a collaborative and inspiring leadership style
* Exceptionaltransformational change leadership skills including authentic and intuitive communications and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated results in team management with a coaching mindset. Ability to attract and retain successful teams across geographically dispersed organization
* A team player who demonstrates an ability to get things done while always working in concert with peers
* Blend of critical thinking with business maturity, dexterity, and judgment
* Experience working in a non-profit or start-up culture preferred
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
* A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
Year Up is an award-winning, national 501(c)3 organization that enables motivated young adults to move from minimum wage to meaningful careers in just one year by providing the skills, experience, and support they need to reach their full potential. Through a one-year, intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high-expectations, high-support model that combines marketable job skills, stipends, coursework eligible for college credit, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies. Its holistic approach focuses on students’ professional and personal development to enable young adults with a viable path to economic self-sufficiency and meaningful careers. Year Up has served more than 30,000 young adults since its founding in 2000. Year Up has a presence in 27 U.S. cities, including Arizona, Baltimore, Bay Area, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City/ Jersey City, Pittsburgh, Puget Sound, Rhode Island, South Florida, Tampa Bay, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity: http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.