Application Link: Please apply HERE before 11:59pm ET, Friday, September 10, 2021!
Team PhD – The Podcast Project is an exciting new professional development opportunity from the Office of Career Strategy. Students will work as a team to design, produce, and promote a podcast about the Yale graduate experience. The topic and format will be determined by the participants in collaboration with the GSAS communications team, but broadly will be aimed at showcasing the diverse and innovative research Yale graduate students are doing on campus and off and the challenges and rewards of graduate student life.
The mission of the project is to give PhD students the opportunity to:
- Expand their ability to communicate in public-facing genres
- Develop new technical and project-management skills
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- Make connections across the Graduate School and beyond
- Build awareness and community among the Yale community and the public around graduate research
Who Should Apply?
Candidates should be in years 1-6 of their PhD in any discipline. Prior experience or training in podcasting is helpful but not necessary. We will consider highly motivated students with no prior experience but a strong interest in podcasting and public communications. Consider applying if you are:
- A fan of podcasts!
- Excited to work on a team
- Looking to build communications and project management skills
- Eager to deliver an impactful final product
- A total of 12 PhD students will be accepted: 6 from the Humanities/Social Sciences and 6 from STEM.
- We will create 2 teams of 3 students within the Humanities/Social Sciences and within STEM Applicants.
- Application Link: Please apply HERE before 11:59pm ET, Friday, September 10, 2021!
- You are expected to participate in this project for the academic year, for an average of 2-3 hours per week.
- Your team’s goal is to create and release at least 2 podcast episodes during the academic year.
Support and Mentorship:
- Participants will receive a certificate in podcasting and a stipend of $500.
- Teams will receive guidance from the GSAS Director of Communications and other experienced mentors.
- Microphones will be purchased for each team and teams will get access to state-of-the-art recording equipment.
Please contact Viraj Jorapur, McDougal Career Fellow.
Please apply HERE before 11:59pm ET, Friday, September 10, 2021!