ACP is a national non-profit organization dedicated to helping military Veterans make connections in the civilian workforce.
American Corporate Partners (ACP) connects post-9/11 Veterans with corporate professionals for customized career guidance. Veterans find meaningful employment outcomes, whether a higher-paying job or a promotion. The average starting annual salary for Veterans who use ACP is $93,000. The program helps Veterans find great jobs the first time.
Visit ACP’s website and fill out a brief application. Answer questions about your career goals, military experience and mentoring preferences.
What to expect after applying?
- ACP will reach out within one business day to schedule a 15-minute phone call to ask a few questions to match the Veteran with the right mentor.
- ACP will introduce the Veteran to a mentor within several weeks of application to the program. ACP will also check in throughout the year to provide customized resources and ensure positive outcomes. Nearly 100% of Veterans would recommend ACP.
- All post-9/11 Veterans who served at least 180 days of active duty since 9/11 are eligible.
- ACP’s weekly LinkedIn Live series connects Veterans directly to partner companies and hiring managers.
- ACP’s LinkedIn Group, ACP Connects, offers employment opportunities from military-ready employers and professional development resources.
Senior executives from hundreds of America’s top companies provide volunteer mentors to ACP, including Amazon, Disney, Johnson & Johnson, Lockheed Martin, Morgan Stanley and more,
Typical mentorship goals include:
- Résumé review and interview preparation
- Career exploration and understanding job opportunities
- Career advancement once a position is obtained
- Work-life balance
- Small business development
- Leadership and professional communication.
Information provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs