Students and Alums in Yale College, the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, and the postdoctoral scholars can connect with OCS in the following ways:
Students: Connect with OCS
Option 1: Use Online Resources to Create a Resume or Cover Letter
- Check out these resume tips
- Use the OCS downloadable resume template, list of resume action verbs and the resume tips for formatting to create your draft.
- GSAS students and postdocs are also encouraged to review tips on converting a CV to a resume.
- Review OCS guidance for cover letters and sample correspondence.
Option 2: Make a virtual “Quick Questions” Appointment
- If you need help with a few quick questions regarding resumes, cover letters, interview or networking event prep, these appointments are for you!
- Request a “quick questions” appointment through Yale Career Link, powered by Symplicity, when classes are in session.
- Choose ‘Advising’ on the upper right of your homepage to make a “quick questions” appointment.
Option 3: Schedule an Advising Appointment (available in-person or virtual)
- Request a career advising appointment through Yale Career Link, powered by Symplicity.
- Please do not schedule multiple appointments within a two-week period.
- Choose ‘Advising’ on the upper right of your homepage to make an appointment.
- If you request a virtual appointment, once approved your advisor will email you a Zoom invitation/link for the date and time of your requested appointment. Please refer to that email to access your Zoom meeting on the day and time of your appointment.
Cancellation Policy: Please cancel by 5:00pm the prior business day. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule.
Alums: Connect with OCS
- Alums are invited to request a 30-minute appointment online using the Yale Career Link.
- Your username is your email address and click “forgot password” to reset your password.
- If you have never logged in please click on “sign up.”
- Once logged in, select the ‘Advising’ from the upper right of the page.
- For phone appointments, provide a number in the request and the advisor will call you at the appointment time.