Students and Alums in Yale College, the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, and the postdoctoral scholars can connect with OCS in the following ways:
Students: Connect with OCS
Option 1: Use Online Resources to Create a Resume or Cover Letter
- Check out these resume tips
- Use the OCS downloadable resume template, list of resume action verbs and the resume tips for formatting to create your draft.
- GSAS students and postdocs are also encouraged to review tips on converting a CV to a resume.
- Review OCS guidance for cover letters and sample correspondence.
Option 2: Make a virtual “Quick Questions” Appointment
- If you need help with a few quick questions regarding resumes, cover letters, interview or networking event prep, these appointments are for you!
- Request a “quick questions” appointment through Yale Career Link, powered by Symplicity, when classes are in session.
- Choose ‘Make an Appointment’ on the upper right of your homepage to make a “quick questions” appointment.
Option 3: Schedule an Advising Appointment (available in-person or virtual)
- Request a career advising appointment through Yale Career Link, powered by Symplicity.
- Please do not schedule multiple appointments within a two-week period.
- Choose ‘Make an Appointment’ on the upper right of your homepage to make an appointment.
- If you request a virtual appointment, once approved your advisor will email you a Zoom invitation/link for the date and time of your requested appointment. Please refer to that email to access your Zoom meeting on the day and time of your appointment.
Advising Appointment and Quick Question Cancellation Policy: If you have made an advising or quick question appointment and can no longer attend, the Office of Career Strategy prefers that you cancel 1 business day in advance. This will allow another student to fill that spot. If this is not possible, please cancel at least 2 hours in advance of your appointment through Yale Career Link. If you need to cancel within 2 hours, email the advisor directly from your appointment confirmation or search their contact via the staff list. Thank you for your help!
Alums: Connect with OCS
- Alums are invited to request a 30-minute appointment online using the Yale Career Link.
- Your username is your email address and click “forgot password” to reset your password.
- If you have never logged in please click on “sign up.”
- Once logged in, select the ‘Make an Appointment’ from the upper right of the page.
- For phone appointments, provide a number in the request and the advisor will call you at the appointment time.