Throughout the year, OCS works with employers to host industry events/career fairs and individual information sessions where students meet employer representatives and learn about their organizations.
Individual Employer Events: View a list of upcoming employer events, including company presentations, coffee chats, and office hours, in Yale Career Link under the Events tab, Information Sessions.
Dress Attire for Employer Events: Business casual dress is appropriate for Yale career fairs, employer information sessions, and other on-campus employer information sessions. Business casual attire includes pants, shirts, skirts, and dresses that, while not formal, are appropriate for a professional environment. Clothing should be pressed and should be neither too loose nor too tight. Examples of acceptable business casual attire include a sweater or blouse with khaki pants or a skirt. This does not apply to interviews or Consortium events unless indicated by the employer; please review Interview Attire for more information.
OCS Industry-Specific Recruiting Events/Career Fairs
Industry-specific recruiting events offer students the opportunity to connect with employers and learn about opportunities. Information and participating employers can be found under the Events, Career Fairs tab of Yale Career Link.
The Networking events will be held in a virtual format. A video with a quick tour of what to expect when you attend a virtual networking event can be found under the Career Library, Resources tab of Yale Career Link.
Schedule 2020-2021 OCS Networking Events/Career Fairs (all events will be held virtually)
- Healthcare Consulting: Wednesday, September 9, 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Boutique Consulting: Friday, September 11, 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Finance: Tuesday, September 15, 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Government: Friday, September 18, 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM): Tuesday, September 22, 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Advertising, Management & Marketing: Friday, September 25, 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Non-Profit: Friday, October 9, 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Law & Legal Services: Friday, November 6, 1:00-3:00pm
- Common Good & Creative Careers: Friday, January 29, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Fall Recruiting Consortium:
- Description: The Fall Recruiting Consortium (FRC) offers juniors and seniors from Yale, Bard, Brown, Connecticut College Swarthmore and Union an opportunity to interview for internships and full-time opportunities with participating employers within the data, education, finance, marketing, research, science and technology space.
- Dates: Thursday & Friday, October 29th & 30th
- Eligible Students: This event is open to Yale College juniors and seniors.
- Location: 2020 event will be held virtually.
- Additional Details: This is an interviewing event. Student registration to the event will open in September. Students must submit applications to positions of interest by October 12th to be considered for an interview.
University Network Virtual Career & Internship Fair:
- Description: The University Network Virtual Career & Internship Fair offers students and alumni of participating schools an opportunity to connect with employers nationwide for full-time and internship opportunities. Hosted by Binghamton Univ., Columbia, Florida State Univ., Loyola Marymount, Northwestern, Seattle Univ., Tulane, Univ. Texas at Austin, George Washington Univ., Univ. of Georgia, Vanderbilt, Washington Univ. in St. Louis, William & Mary, and Yale.
- Date: Thursday, October 29th, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Eligible Students: This event is open to undergrads, graduate students and recent alumni of Yale, and 13 other schools.
- Location: 2020 event will be held virtually on CareerEco.
- Additional Details: Student registration will open in early October.
Engineering Career Fair Collaborative:
- Description: Connect with representatives from engineering firms recruiting for full-time and internship opportunities in robotics, energy, medical devices, environmental services, transportation, and design. Students from Yale, Harvard, Boston University, Olin College, Tufts, and MIT are invited to attend.
- Date: Friday, November 13, 2020, 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Eligible Students: This event is open to Yale College and GSAS students.
- Location: 2020 event will be held virtually.
- Additional Details: List of participating organizations coming soon!
All-Ivy Environmental & Sustainable Fair:
- Description: This Ivy League collaboration provides organizations unparalleled access to undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. students with the skills to address the complex sustainability challenges of our global economy.
- Date: Friday, February 28, 2020 (2021 date TBD)
- Eligible Students: All Yale students are welcome to attend.
- Location: Columbia University, New York, NY.
- Additional Details: Visit the main page for the Fair. Yale College seniors may use the travel reimbursement program for this event.
- Description: This off-campus recruiting event provides graduating seniors from Yale, Brown, Harvard, Swarthmore and the University of Virginia the opportunity to interview with employers from the DC metropolitan area that are driven by a mission to make a positive impact on society.
- Date: Friday, February 7, 2020 (2021 date TBD).
- Eligible Students: This interviewing event open only to Yale College seniors.
- Location: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 1779 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20036.
- Details: View the list of participating employers in Yale Career Link (details available in the late fall). Yale College seniors may use the travel reimbursement program for this event.
Georgetown Nonprofit & Government Expo:
- Description: The annual Government and Nonprofit Career EXPO brings top employers to Georgetown to recruit for internships and full-time jobs across the government and nonprofit sectors.
- Date: Friday, February 7, 2020, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (2021 date TBD).
- Eligible Students: All Yale students and degreed alums are welcome to attend.
- Location: Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center Ballroom, Washington, DC.
- Additional Details: Sign-up in Yale Career Link under OCS Events. Yale College seniors may use the travel reimbursement program for this event.