Did You Know?
- 51% of Yale students reported working in a CGCC Industry in Summer 2019.
- 36% of the Class of 2019 reported their first job in the Nonprofit or Government Sector.
- 12-14% of all Yale students reported working in the Creative Careers.
- Over 100 Career Events were offered through CGCC in the past year.
- The Travel Reimbursement Program supports seniors pursuing Nonprofit, Government Interviews & Arts Auditions.
- CGCC Alumni Interview Series Podcast is part of OCS’ Take this Job and Love it Podcast.
- To assist students with their public service/public interest career search, OCS created the Public Service/Public Interest Exception.
- CGCC offers Talks to Academic Departments & Student Organizations.
- The CGCC Newsletter includes full-time employment, internships, events and more. Sign Up Now!
CGCC is dedicated to providing career advice for students interested in pursuing careers in: Non-profit; Government; Education; Policy & Think Tanks; Arts (Architecture/Design, Fashion, Fine/Visual, Arts Administration, Theatre/Music); and Media & Communications (Digital Media, Entertainment, Journalism, Music Recording, Publishing).
Schedule an appointment with an advisor to discuss your interests and craft an experience that fits your needs.
Meet the CGCC Team:
Experiential Learning and Internships
Discover options with hundreds of OCS’ employer contacts and internships: Professional Experiences and Internships. For Yale College students, opportunities include:
For GSAS students, fellowship opportunities include:
Hearing from Yale alums who work in the industries that CGCC covers is one of the most valuable steps a student can take. CGCC encourages students interested in these areas to conduct informational interviews. Students can find alums through: Peer Networking Lists; Cross Campus; and Yale Alumni Shared Interest Groups .
CGCC offers panels with industry experts including alums throughout the year, and hosts the following workshop series : Creative Careers Series; Women in Government Series; and YANA Speaker Series. All events can be found in Yale Career Link – Events – OCS Workshop – CGCC Events.
CGCC Career Fairs and Networking Events
OCS works closely with employers to host specialized industry events and sessions where students can meet employer representatives and learn about their organizations. CGCC Events are open to all of the students that OCS serves and include:
CGCC Consortium Events
We recognize that getting some employers in the CGCC areas to visit campus can be challenging, which is why we participate in consortium events, allowing universities to pool resources together to recruit employers to one common location. Our consortium events include: