A resume is a snapshot of your education and experiences, showing the value you bring to an employer. Use the tools below to craft your resume.
Draft A Resume & Have It Reviewed
OCS’s resources to create a draft resume:
- Strong resume action verbs
- Resume Formatting and Common Errors
- Writing Impactful Resume Bullets
- Visit the OCS resume resource library for more tips
Once you have a draft, schedule an appointment to meet with a “Quick Question” Advisor for a 15-minute virtual resume review (select Advising Type: Quick Questions) or meet with a Career Advisor for a 30-minute virtual or in-person review.
After you have received feedback from OCS, run your resume through the Big Interview AI Resume Review service.
Yale Resume Templates
Get Started with these OCS-created templates:
- Yale College (YC): Resume 1
- YC: Resume 2 (with Summary section)
- YC: Technical Resume
- YC: Common Good Career Resume
- YC: Creative Career Resume
- YC Recent Alum: General Resume
- YC Experienced Alum: General Resume
- GSAS Masters: General Resume
- Ph.D. and Postdocs: General Resume
Note: These templates are formatted to work with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), used by many employers of all sizes and industries to screen resumes. For some students, it is also valuable to have a longer or more creative resume. Talk with an OCS advisor to develop your approach.
- CV to Resume Conversion
- Creating Specialized Resumes: Federal Government, Industry Specific, Jobs Abroad
- Portfolium: A tool to showcase creative or technical work, projects, and activities