Supports students and postdocs interested in a wide range of careers related to business, law & industry. These careers include those in Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations, Consulting, Finance, Insurance & Real Estate, Law & Legal Services, Startups and Entrepreneurship & Freelance Work. Connects students to career resources, alums for networking opportunities, events to learn more about employers, workshops to broaden your understanding of the job search, and more.
Advisors are available to meet with you 1:1 for personalized advice on your Business, Law & Industry-related career trajectory; schedule your appointment via Yale Career Link. For students interested in pursuing a graduate degree in business, please see our Business School Resources. For students interested in pursuing a law degree, please see our Law School Resources.
Grow your Network
- Peer networking lists can be found in in the “Career Library” (under the “Resources” tab); sort by major
- list employment data for Yale College, ; data can be sorted by major, discipline, and program of interest.
- Alumni Spotlight Series on Yale GSAS and postdoctoral alums
- Join Cross Campus, Yale’s new online networking platform that facilitates relationships between Yalies, including student to alumni.
- Create your LinkedIn Profile and start using the Yale Alumni LinkedIn Page
- Learn about a person’s organization, their role, and the path they took to get there through informational interviewing.
Connect with Employers
- Attend OCS Industry-Specific Recruiting events to connect with a wealth of employers and learn about various opportunities within Business, Law & Industry.
- Business related industry-specific events include: Consulting/Healthcare Consulting & Finance. Visit the Career Fairs / Networking Events page for details about the events.
- Be sure to review our events calendar frequently for upcoming alumni panels, employer events and workshops.
Build Skills and Experience
- Try out different work environments: Professional experiences and internships – Experiential learning is a way to link what is learned in the classroom to real-world experience.
- Gain experience on-campus: Working in a leadership or an administrative position for a student organization can support your professional development, provide insight into career functions, help develop project management and communication skills, and engage in productive teamwork.
- Leverage the many resources offered by graduate student groups and campus organizations.
Seniors are invited to apply to opportunities available via LAUNCH (Liberal Arts Undergraduate Network Careers & Hiring).
LAUNCH is a virtual interviewing event that takes place for pre-selected students who apply to opportunities through the Launch portal. Participating organizations include …
The Office of Career Strategy is here to help you shine! 🌟 Advisors will be available for appointments until Dec 21st, taking a breather during the holidays and ready to roll again on Jan 2nd (for virtual appointments).
Whether you’re pondering …
WHO IS PARTNERS FOR JUSTICE?
Partners for Justice provides collaborative support services to people facing criminal charges, while helping public defenders protect people from incarceration and other criminal penalties.
THE INTERN EXPERIENCE
Partners for Justice offers remote internships year-round (dates …