We have an exciting opportunity to join the Postdoctoral Affairs team as an Administrative Postdoctoral Fellow. The Postdoctoral Affairs team at NYU Grossman School of Medicine serves a vibrant community of nearly 500 postdoctoral scholars, and oversees every aspect of their training here: https://med.nyu.edu/research/postdoctoral-affairs/
The Administrative Postdoctoral Fellow role will be to provide career development resources and help build the postdoctoral community in an evidence-based fashion. The successful applicant will be expected to approach this position with similar scientific rigor as during their PhD training and build a research niche on early career scientists. The successful applicant will be expected to develop administrative skills with mentorship from the assistant director and the assistant dean of Postdoctoral Affairs and gain experience in program management and development, writing and editing, online community and website management, as well as improve administrative, organizational, and leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will hold a PhD degree and is interested in pursuing a career in academic administration. This person should be organized, creative, communicative, and a self-starter. Some previous leadership experience is recommended and should be noted in the cover letter or CV.
- Attending team meetings, postdoc council meetings, professional development programming, and remote work.
- Support the conceptualization, development, and implementation of professional and career development events, including courses, workshops, events, and info sessions
- Provide support to make events more accessible and inclusive.
- Develop engagement strategies and oversee the Slack postdoc community
- Provide support and oversight of National Postdoc Appreciation Week activities in September
- Provide support and oversight of a volunteer committee for What Can You Be With A PhD?, a biennial career symposium
- Work along with the Postdoc Affairs team and internal collaborators on developing community engagement and mental health events for the postdoc community
- Work along with the project manager to manage and update the postdoc program website, weekly newsletters
- Aid in the management of social media channels
- Provide assistance with tracking alumni career outcomes
The Administrative Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to approach this position with similar scientific rigor as during their PhD training. The administrative postdoctoral fellow is expected to build a research niche on topics related to early career scientists’ career development and outcomes.
- To qualify for this position, you must have a PhD in basic or biomedical science or related fields.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, computer, and organizational skills.
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task on frequent and constantly changing demands
- Ability to effectively communicate with postdocs, faculty, and various administrative offices at all levels in the University
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Basic knowledge of event platforms and content creation platforms such as Eventbrite, Whova, Canva, etc.
70K + benefits
*NYU Non-Discrimination Statement*
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.